Swan River Montessori Charter School operates as a non-profit organization and, therefore, strongly encourages volunteerism and giving.
All families of our SRMCS students are asked to volunteer 20 hours annually. Our students greatly benefit from the time and effort volunteered by parents, grandparents, and other family and friends. If you have any questions about ways you can volunteer, please contact your child’s teacher or a member of the main office staff. There are ample ways to reach this 20 hour annual goal. Below are just a few suggestions:
- Reading with students in their classrooms
- Making classroom materials
- Serving hot lunches
- Chaperoning field trips
- Lead games/crafts during classroom celebrations
- Offering IT support/knowledge
- Assisting with gardening projects and outdoor landscaping/maintanence
- Serve on the Board of Directors or the Building Board
- Participation in our Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Assisting with various annual events such as the Art, Science & Culture Fairs
There are also many ways you may donate to Swan River. Throughout the school year, your child’s teacher may ask for various donations for their classrooms including snacks, practical life materials, various school supplies, prizes/games/crafts for parties, and/or financial support for special activities. There are also numerous PTO-sponsored fundraisers you may participate in each year.
If you choose to make a donation to SRMCS, we would be more than happy to write a letter of recognition of your gift for tax purposes, should you desire one. Please make all donations payable to Swan River Montessori.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!